GROUND LIST

Monday 1 April 2013

ANSTEY NOMADS (Cropston Road)

EAST MIDLANDS COUNTIES LEAGUE, ANSTEY NOMADS 0-4 IBSTOCK UNITED, ATTENDANCE: 82

For my final game of Easter Monday it was a trip up the motorway to Leicestershire for Anstey Nomads' evening clash with Ibstock United.

No need to apologise to me!
The board advertising the game outside the ground had an apology for the late kick off!

I have no idea why this game was an evening kick when the rest of the league played at 3pm, but I was very grateful as I allowed me to complete a cheeky treble. 

Founded in 1947, Anstey Nomads spent many seasons in the Leicestershire Senior League before winning promotion to the East Midlands Counties League in 2009. Cropston Road has been their home since their formation.





The game was your cliched "relegation six pointer" as both teams are near the foot of the table.

Ibstock United did not look like a team struggling near the bottom as they comprehensively outclassed their hosts. ex-Anstey player Chris Rudkin gave United the lead after 30 minutes when he prodded home from inside the box. A sensational long range strike from Carl Benson (40) doubled the visitors advantage.
It was Adam Joynson who added a third after 50 minutes before Benson's second after 65 minutes completed the scoring.
There were a few other local 'hoppers' present and speaking to one who told me that Ibstock have linked up with a local academy to provide game time for young players. Their team certainly impressed me this evening and they would appear to have enough to beat the drop.
I wish I could say the same regards Anstey who, after 8 game without a win, look like returning to the Leicestershire Senior League, I stand to be proved wrong.
An enjoyable game brought a conclusion to yet another mad Easter Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.